Visitors to Cuba, like visitors to all foreign countries in the world today, need to be mindful of their personal safety. We recommend guests consider the following guidance:
- Leave valuables and irreplaceable items inside your stateroom safe
- Avoid wearing expensive jewellery
- Carry only the cash that you will need on each outing
- Use discretion when handling cash publicly
- Keep your belongings secure and out of sight
What is illegal in Cuba that guests may not be aware of?
It is illegal to buy cigars on the street; other than at approved retail stores as well as to exchange U.S. dollars into Cuban CUCs (Cuban Currency) any place other than at an official CADECA (Currency Exchange Houses) and hotels.
What are additional tips that guests should know when travelling on shore in Cuba?
- Drink only bottled water
- Due to the tropical climate, wear loose fitting airy clothes, comfortable shoes and a hat
- Only a few places are air conditioned; bring a fan and/or mister
- Purchase items only from authorized sellers
- Exchange money only at CADECAs (Currency exchange houses) or hotels
What should guests carry ashore while in Cuba?
- SeaPass card (cruise card)