We try to avoid operating any ship in the vicinity of a tropical system and we will monitor the progress of these storms very closely. If there is a potential threat to any of our guests or ships, the itinerary may be altered to try to avoid any interaction with the storm or any affected areas.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS Quick answers to the most common questions
Articles in this section
- What is the minimum age for consuming alcohol onboard?
- Can I bring alcohol or non-alcoholic beverages (from home or from a port) on board?
- Are babies allowed in the swimming pools onboard?
- What is a legal guardian?
- Can I transfer my reservation to a travel agent if I purchased my cruise directly from Royal Caribbean?
- Can guests be denied making a cruise reservation?
- What happens if there's a hurricane predicted at the time of my cruise?
- What do I do if bad weather or an unusual event in the UK prevents me from getting to my pre-cruise flight or the ship?
- If I have to cancel my cruise, will I get a refund?
- Can I view Royal Caribbean's Booking Terms & Conditions online?